|eSchoolView is eligible for the E-Rate Program
|eSchoolView continues to work hard to provide top quality CMS (Content Management System) and Web hosting services to all schools. Its recent eligibility in the E-Rate program, a program through the US Government’s Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund, offers its clients potentially significant discounts on eSchoolView’s Web hosting services.
E-Rate is a program that allows schools (and libraries) to have affordable information services available to them through a discount program. Eligible schools (and libraries) can receive discounts for telecommunication services, Internet access, and internal connections. Ultimately the program supports funding for activities directly and indirectly related to providing Internet access and services to participants. Eligibility for the E-Rate program translates into significant savings for a school, and discount amounts are determined based upon a school’s location (rural / urban) and the percentage of students participating in the free and reduced lunch program.
eSchoolView participates in this program and we are a 75% Priority One E-Rate eligible company. Our USAC SPIN number is 143033559.
Which schools are eligible for the program?
Schools must meet four criteria to be eligible:
NOTE: ESCs may be eligible if they provide elementary or secondary education as defined in state law.
- Schools must provide elementary or secondary education as determined under state law.
- Schools may be public or private institutional day or residential schools, or public charter schools.
- Schools must operate as non-profit businesses.
- Schools cannot have an endowment exceeding $50 million.
What services are eligible for the discounts?
Four service categories are funded: Telecommunications Services, Internet Access, Internal Connections other than Basic Maintenance, and Basic Maintenance of Internal Connections. Click here to download and read USAC's overview of eligible services.
In regard to eSchoolView’s products and services, your organization can apply to USAC for discounts on our Web hosting fees. Web Hosting Services include the conduit that enables our customers to display content on the Internet and the Web hosting service fee that includes maintenance and technical support appropriate to maintain reliable operation. USAC makes all final decisions about eligibility and discounts. Costs incurred for eSchoolView’s CMS software setup, maintenance, training and support are not covered by the E-Rate program.
How do I apply?
USAC lists 11 steps in the application process. Click here to learn more about the steps to apply.
- Determine eligibility.
- Develop a technology plan.
- Open a competitive bidding process.
- Select a service provider (eSchoolView’s SPIN number is 143033559).
- Calculate the discount level. Discount levels take into account poverty level and urban or rural location designation. Note: Based on Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) data, EVERY school in the US is located in either a rural or urban area.
- Determine your eligible services.
- Submit your application for program support.
- Undergo an application review.
- Receive your funding decision.
- Begin receipt of services.
- Invoice USAC.
NOTE: Please visit www.USAC.org to learn about the E-Rate program and be aware that changes may occur at any time.
eSchoolView assumes no responsibility for changes to the E-Rate program or content provided on this site.