Tips and Tricks for Website Management
Michelle Vroom's Blog Page
CMS Efficiency: How can your website CMS help?
Posted 8/26/2014 at 1:23:36 PM by Michelle Vroom [System User]
Today’s students, staff, families, and communities want to know what is happening at their school as it unfolds, and they use a variety of sources to get their information. This is where a good content management system (CMS) can provide some powerful tools to get information to visitors quickly and efficiently.
Script window tools in your CMS provide you with the ability to embed information from other locations directly into your school’s website.
Today’s CMS calendar tools provide you with a great resource to communicate the important events in your school on a specific date and time.
- Embed social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.) directly into your website and avoid having visitors leave your site to read your social media posts
- Increase traffic and interactivity on your website
The CMS news tool provides you with the ability to disseminate information across wide range of platforms.
- Post real-time information for all types of events - parent conferences to athletics
- Share event information between different calendars, avoiding double entry
- Sync personal and school calendars through iCal feed
- Attach important documents to calendar events
- Share calendar events through public user accounts
The use of website analytics is one of the most overlooked resources in assisting you in determining who is visiting your site, what they are looking for, and if they are finding what they need.
- Create news articles to be posted in various sections of your website, avoiding double entry
- Share news articles automatically with registered public users
- Post news articles quickly and effectively to your social media accounts without copy and paste
- Take advantage of the visible and expiration fields on news posts to keep information up-to-date without revisiting the site
- Increase activity on your website links on social media posts
The above steps are just a few ideas that will increase your efficiency and create more visitors to your school’s website!
Does your content management system have the components needed to help you work more efficiently?
Take a look at eSchoolView’s wide variety of products.
- Review analytics regularly
- Make changes in your site to help visitors find the information they are looking for faster
- Keep visitors returning to your website for the information they need