Social media is not only a way to engage students—but also a way to ensure that parents are up-to-date with what is happening in their child’s classroom. Some of these social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram but a classroom blog is something teachers and administrators should keep in mind.
eSchoolView’s school website content management system (CMS) has nearly 20 components, including a Blog component. Utilizing this can be can be a great way to keep parents engaged in their student’s work.
Keeping it updated regularly with new topics helps parents know how their child is spending their time during the day and also gives them a chance to voice their opinions or ask any questions that they may have.
Below are some classroom blog topic ideas:
- Photos of the classroom
- Publish student work
- List the classroom rules
- Post homework, assignments and quiz dates
- Share a “Pupil of the Week”
- Use for group problem solving
- Post videos of guest speakers, presentations, etc.
- Post resources for projects
- Use as a communication tool amongst the parents
- Ask students to post about non-academic topics including extracurricular activities, sports, hobbies, vacations, etc.
Using a blog is a great way for the teacher, students and parents to refer back and find out more information about the classroom. What are some blog topic ideas you have? Post below!