Happy New Year! Energize your students with these tips to start the year off right with creative new classroom ideas!
- Change a typical assignment for an essay into a video. Take it to the next level by trying to make it go viral!
- Give the classroom a different setup like a U-shape to promote engagement.
- Offer extra credit for scholarships submitted that provide a learning experience. Start with this one.
- Let the students be an instructor and create their own style of learning that will promote interest in a subject (use social media for math, video games for logistics, etc.).
- Instead of giving specific assignments, give them options to choose from.
- Require them to bring technology into the mix of their daily assignments (live stream their presentation over the school district website to share with a mentor or company that parallels their subject matter).
- Create teamwork tactics for collaboration and encourage movement in classroom exercises.
Be sure to keep it fresh because every student learns differently.
Post more ideas!